Thursday 5 November 2015

05/11/2015

Felt great to be back at the club after missing, I think, five sessions due to the death of my father. Exercise has a transformative effect on the brain and, dare I say it, the soul. Within two minutes I had a great sweat going and all other problems melted away. Something about the enforced focus of hard physical exercise can be a relief sometimes.

Today we did a lot of maegeri practice and plenty of Sensei's patented "low stance" leg-killer oitsuki routines, up and down the hall. For the first time in ages I found myself fighting the urge to puke - two weeks out of the routine was enough to have an effect on my fitness, it seems. Even that felt good, though, like I was getting back in touch with my body. Looking forward to next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment