Thursday 15 October 2015

15/10/2015

We did a lot of basics today. Maegeri with sanbontsuki up and down, ageuke with gyakutsuki up and down, etc. It's interesting how much just simply punching takes it out of your arms; half way through we did some push-ups and the furthest I could get was 30.

It felt good to clear my mind and just focus on technique. Sensei was chatting to C at the end of the lesson and was saying he thought the reason C is bad at kata is that he works hard all day and probably has work on his mind when he comes to karate, which then gets in the way of him focusing. There may be something to that, but I always feel as though karate cleanses my mind after a hard day. I start tired and apprehensive every time, but then always go home feeling refreshed and even re-energised.

No comments:

Post a Comment